While I was busy writing my review for last night’s episode of Rob & Chyna, E! was busy premiering a new show. I completely forgot that this show was premiering, but now that my mind is no longer clouded with all things Kardashian, I can now give my full attention to E!’s most recent addition.
What is E!’s most recent addition, you ask? Well, it’s called WAGS Miami and it’s the second spin-off location (the first being in LA) in the WAGS’s reality show franchise. If you’re not familiar with the show, it just centers around women who are the “Wives And Girlfriends of Sports Stars.” Majority of the women are in relationships with football players, but others have mentioned dating boxers, baseball players and one of the ladies in the LA WAGS is married to a hockey player.
For those of you who are interested in sports and are thinking of tuning into this show with hopes of getting some behind the scenes footage of the athletes, look elsewhere because you’ll rarely see the men. The show focuses on the ladies and all the drama that they start amongst themselves, so the men make cameos every once in a while, but they’re not the main focus, unless one of the WAGS is trying to get proposed to.
I was a fan of the original WAGS reality show at the beginning, but it started to go down hill for me in the second season, so I, eventually, stopped watching it. However, my feelings (or lack thereof) for the ladies in LA doesn’t turn me off to the ones in Miami, which is why I decided to watch the first episode of this new season.
It was pretty much what I expected. There are 7 ladies who are, either, in a relationship with an athlete or who are currently looking or have been in a relationship with an athlete. No one is married (which did surprise me!), but one is engaged and the others are in longterm relationships with children.
So far, the girls seem cool. Nothing out of the ordinary happened this episode, so I have no problem with tuning in to watch episode 2.
Before I end this semi-review, let me give you the rundown of the ladies:
- Claudia Sampedro is in a relationship with Green Bay Packers linebacker, Julius Peppers. In addition to his son and her daughter from a previous relationship, the couple also has another son together.
- Darnell Nicole is engaged to Miami Dolphins safety, Reshad Jones. They have a daughter together.
- Vanessa Cole is dating Baltimore Ravens wide receiver, Mike Wallace. They have two kids together.
- Ashley Nicole Roberts is in a relationship with Atlanta Falcons linebacker, Philip Wheeler. They also have a child together.
- Astrid Bavaresco is single, but she has dated professional athletes in the past and she’s currently looking for another one.
- Metisha Schaefer is also single, but she used to date football player, Larry English, who is now a free agent. Larry is now also engaged to Nicole Williams, who is one of the LA WAGS.
- Hencha Voight is another single lady, who has dated professional athletes in the past.
Overall, this episode wasn’t too bad, but check it out and let me know what you think.
WAGS Miami airs on Sundays at 10 p.m. on E!.
A Little Extra: Click here if you’re interested in finding out more about these ladies.