Ariana Grande recently released her third studio album, Dangerous Woman, and although I am a huge AG fan, I didn’t fall instantly in love with this full album like I did her previous ones.
But, that’s ok though because the first time I listened to the album in its entirety, a couple songs did call to me and I thought it would be fun to share them with you guys.
- Moonlight – This is the first song on the album and it’s so beautiful. It’s a slow and sensual love song and I read somewhere that it’s dedicated to Ariana’s current boyfriend, Ricky Alvarez. Throughout the song, she sings about her love for him and how being with him makes her feel. I love it; it’s a very sweet song.
- Leave Me Lonely (feat. Macy Gray) – I first heard this song live and I didn’t get the full effect because I could barely hear the lyrics, but when the album came out and I heard the studio version, all I could say was “Wow!” The pain that’s present in the song is heartbreaking. I can actually feel their emotions when I listen to the song and, in my opinion, Macy Gray sounds amazing. She sings about pain really well. I love this one!
- Everyday (feat. Future) – This song gets me in that feisty, sexy mood and I love it. I’m not a huge Future fan, but I like him on this song and Ariana sings this song with tons of sass and, of course, she sounds amazing while doing it.
- Into You – This song makes me want to dance. As soon as it starts playing, I instantly get in the mood to dance, so I think this song would do great in nightclubs. On my iPod, this is one of the most played songs from her album because I just can’t stop myself from hitting the repeat button.
- Dangerous Woman – When this first came out, I couldn’t stop hitting the repeat button on this one either. I think this one just showcases how far Ariana has come. She’s no longer that shy girl from Nickelodeon. Now she’s a woman that’s not afraid to show her ‘dangerous’ side and when I listen to this song, it kind of makes me feel that way to. If you want to read my full review on this song, click here.
Overall, this is a good album and it definitely shows how much she’s grown. I just have to give it some time because I’m pretty sure that the more I listen to these songs the more they’ll grow on me and, before I know it, I’ll have the full album on repeat.
What do you think of Ariana Grande’s new album, Dangerous Woman, and, so far, what are your favorite songs? Let me know in the comment section.