Lately, I’ve been seeing a lot of commercials and trailers for upcoming shows, so I thought it would be fun to list the ones that I’m most excited to see. Some of them are coming back for a new season and others are premiering for the very first time.
- First up is Star, Lee Daniels’s new show that’s coming to FOX. I watched the trailer and although it got my attention, I’m still on the fence when it comes to this one. I think the main reason why I’m going to give it a try is because it’s Lee’s show and also because it’s music-based. The show, which is set in Atlanta, centers around three young ladies who get together to form a girl group. It’s supposed to take the viewer on a journey with the girls as they navigate the ins and outs of the music industry. It kind of reminds me of Empire, but, instead of the ladies already being in the industry, they’re trying to break into it and since I’m looking to do the same, I usually like watching shows like this. There’s no definite premiere date yet, but I think it premieres sometime in 2017. When I find out, I’ll post it up.
- Mistresses is next and it’s set to premiere its fourth season on ABC at 10 p.m. on May 30th. Right after the third season, I read on a couple of websites that there was talk of cancelling this show. I was kind of sad to hear it because I’m still interested in seeing what Joss, April and Karen (mostly Karen) are up to. And, to be completely honest, I hope that Savi doesn’t return. In my opinion, the other ladies don’t need her to present a good show. They give us good drama without her.
- After that is the second half of the seventh season of Pretty Little Liars. It’s set to premiere on June 21st at 8 p.m. on Freeform. This is supposed to be the final season for PLL and, after watching the winter finale, I’m curious to see how they’re going to end this show. The secrets that were revealed during that final episode were pretty surprising and I just don’t know how they’re going to make the ending believable. Also, even though I’m sad to see the show end, I think it’s time. It’s been going on for quite some time and I think there really isn’t anything left to do with this show. Plus, I hear that there’s a movie in the works and they can’t do the movie if the series is still going.
- One of the shows that I am most excited to see is the second season of Wayward Pines, which is set to premiere on May 25th at 9 p.m. on FOX. This show premiered last year and it was only supposed to be one season (or 10 episodes). I’m not sure why they decided to film a second season, but I’m glad they did because this show was amazing! It was a little scary, but it definitely kept me on the edge of my seat and I loved it. I’m interested in seeing how this season turns out though now that there are some new sheriffs in town (if you watched the first season than you know what I mean when I say “new sheriffs in town”). If you haven’t watched the first season, I would recommend that you do before watching this one because it probably won’t make sense if you don’t. I guarantee that this show will have you hooked from the first episode. I’m counting down the days for this one.
- And, finally, the one that I’m anticipating the most is Pitch. Pitch tells the story of Ginny Baker (played by Kylie Bunbury), who is a young female who became the first woman to play Major League Baseball. I, literally, just heard about this show earlier today, but after watching the trailer, I was hooked. The show seems like it’ll be really interesting and uplifting for, both, men and women. I don’t think I’ve ever watched anything like it and that makes me that much more invested. I can’t wait until it premieres. There isn’t a set premiered date for Pitch, but we do know that it’ll premiere on FOX. When I find out the exact date, I’ll post it.
There are tons more shows that are premiering, but, as I said earlier, these are the ones that I’m most interested in seeing. Feel free to list some of the shows that you’re interested in seeing in the comment section. Maybe you guys can give me a heads up on some upcoming shows.